This Saturday is an away run - and for those in my slower group it is at least half new. It starts at the village Hall car park in Kemsing (as previously) about 1/2 a mile from Otford. The car park is almost opposite the Bell Pub in the centre of the village and has parking for about 30 cars. It is 8 mins drive from Hollybush. The link is below
I have been in to see John and Dennis in the Bell Pub and Dennis has offered to do the full monty Egg, Bacon and sausages Sarnies - Now I went out this morning to test the new version of the route and it was very chilly - so you will need a bit of warming in the pub afterward - I think apart from the coffee and food those needing serious warming will be able to get a small dram as well - I think Duncan is the only one who has so far.
I still think that this run provides the best views in all of Kent and visits some lovely other picturesque areas (albeit, they look better in the spring)
The main Run - Just comes in at 6 miles but there are extras opportunities to extend
The Slow group run - Coming in at 10 metres short of 5 miles - so you may have to run around the car park once.
The slowest group can do a short version of this which ranges from 3.4 to 4 miles
I am putting Lars out with another coach this week, as he does not have a good record of getting back on time here (unless anyone needs marathon training !)
Other key points to note
- My group - are walking up the hill - no pressure.
- Those wanting to test yourselves this hill is a 9/10 bas...d hill - so enjoy !!
- Then it is almost all flat or down hill apart from one up - my lot miss the extra up !!
- We will take you through 3 fantastic bluebell woods (with no bluebells and we may be a bit early for snowdrops).
- The pub we have coffee in after (the Bell) has the great Malpas bacon and sausages - so worth stopping for a bite
- Suitable for beginners - or more steady runners - Yes absolutely - Ian and Lars will have a special route that will give you all the best bits without too much effort.....
- It was still frozen today (with some snow) so unless it warms up or rains - wear on road shoes rather than off road (particularly my lot)
Best wishes to you all
If you need a lift let me know - by text may be best 07799 476647
See you Sat